Crawl Space Encapsulation
If your crawl space is damp, smells like mold and is full of insects and critters, the best defense is to encapsulate your crawl space. Crawl Space Encapsulation is a process that promotes a healthier and more energy efficient home. The moisture in the crawl space, from the dirt floor and the foundation walls, are sealed with a heavy-duty vapor barrier (vents are sealed and the space is conditioned).
Most crawl spaces have duct systems that circulate air throughout your home. If there is mold growing, you and your family will be breathing in toxic air, which can cause serious health issues. In addition, if mold growth has rotted the floors foundation, it affects the safety of your home and will decrease your home’s value.
Insects and critters gravitate to dark, damp, dirty spaces. Encapsulating your crawl space will help prevent the infestation of unwanted guests and create a safer environment for your family.
Benefits of Crawl Space Encapsulation:
- Humidity in your home is reduced and your home is more comfortable
- Moisture problems are prevented, such as wood rot, mold growth, and bug infestations
- Home value is increased – potential buyers will offer more for a home with an encapsulated crawl space
- Save money on energy bills. You can save up to 20% by preventing outdoor air from entering your home
- Helps keep out dirt and mold odors from entering the home and improves indoor air quality
- Prevents cold floors by sealing cold air from entering through the crawl space
- Improves the overall performance and extends the life of your HVAC system
If you would like a custom quote or learn more about our crawl space encapsulation services, call 615-848-0025.
Pest Control FAQ
Feel free to visit our pest control FAQ section to see some frequently asked pest control questions.